3.21.2010

"B" is also for Bear

Hey Everyone!!

Meet "B" is also for Bear...my latest project.  I didn't want to give him an actual name, since that is the job of the little guy he is being given to.  He is made from Susan B. Anderson's "Baby Bear" pattern.  Click here for the Rav link.  This is the second bear I have made from this pattern, and I love it more and more each time!!!  Susan's patterns are so easy to follow.  They have converted me from a double pointed needle hater to a person who has more projects going on dpns than not!!  She recently released a children's sock pattern that I may try...I cannot stand knitting socks, but I have a feeling that I may change my tune after trying her pattern!!!

I knit this guy in Red Heart Comfort Sport.  Nothing fancy, but Uber-durable!  It is the same yarn that I used for my "B" is for Boy blanket.  Both the bear and blanket are being sent off to Maine this week.  A childhood friend of mine is having her second baby boy this summer, and I thought she needed some knit goodies for the little guy.  I hope these fit the bill.

So, what's next on the needles??  Well, I am still plugging away at the Diva's sweater...I started it when she was in the hospital in November, and though it is an easy, semi-mindless pattern, I am having trouble finishing it.  Oh well...it will be huge on her (done on purpose), so I'm not too worried.  I still think it will be the project that will come with me when she goes back in the hospital soon. 

I am planning on casting on this project tonight.  I have plenty of appropriate colors in my stash, and I think Hannah will like having a new reversible friend for Easter.  I have been wanting to try Susan's reversible toy patterns, and I think this will be a good introduction to them. 

The Diva's Miffy doll is still on the backburner, and she is now saying that she might not want a Tasha doll afterall (since she already has one from the store...her words.)

One of these days, I'll get Charlotte out and get spinning again.  I have some beautiful fiber that is begging to be spun...and knit with!

Well, I'm off to enjoy this sunny day...have a good one everyone!!!

Cheers!
Sharon

1 comment:

Am I Using My Stash? said...

Your bear is lovely. You so have to make socks, the sense of accomplishment when you finish one is amazing