As the title of this post suggests, my needles are still on fire!! I am typically a knitter who works on one project at a time, but lately I have found myself bouncing from project to project. Thankfully none of them are super time consuming, so I am still getting things done.
Aunt Maggie's Slippers. I skipped out on some of the length so these would be more suitable for a child. I think they are super cute and I can't wait to make more. The yarn I used was some leftover Bernat Chunky from my Homeward Bound sweater.
I cast on 60 stitches on size 10 circulars...knit a bunch of rows and then started my decreases with knit 8, k2tog and worked my way down from there. The 60 stitches is perfect for her, I will just start the decreases after the hat is the height of her head, know what I mean??
I had bought 4 balls of this yarn, and I only used one full ball and a tiny bit from the second (no yardage is given, so I'm not sure how much that equals), so I have plenty to make another hat. I must say, for Dollar Store yarn, I am quite pleased with the quality and knitability of the yarn. I may even pick up some more for my charity item stash!!!
Since this photo was taken, I have finished the colorwork and have an inch or so left to do of the black before I bind off. One big lesson I learned is that the glowing yarn has NO stretch to it! Being my first large project with colorwork, I did everything too tight, and the lack of stretch made it even worse. Oh well...live and learn. I'm going to wet it down and try to stretch it a bit, then I'll make up the difference when I seam it.
I am using Mary Maxim's Titan yarn for the black, and I am afraid I might run out of it. To try to make it last the whole project, I am going to add some glowing stripes to the backside of the bag. I might have to get creative on the straps, depending on what I have left. Thankfully the Diva isn't very big, so I don't need super long straps!! I'll be sure to post photos of this once it is done.
I have also been busy seaming blankets for the WCOBBS. I have done two so far, and I am working on more. Once I get some of my personal projects out of the way, I'll knit up some more squares for that project.
Oh, and I also finished a project that I started a million years ago. It is a blanket, and I'm going to wait to show a finished photo until my friend Jenn gets it in the mail. I decided that it would be perfect for her baby girl that is due next month, and that gave me motivation to finish it. So, stay tuned for photos.
I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the first days of Fall. The Diva and I harvested sunflower seeds yesterday and we're going to roast them this afternoon. I'll show photos soon.
Cheers and Happy Crafting!