12.04.2010

A Little Knitting to Show Off

Hello All-

I know that I haven't been posting much of my knitting lately.  Between Christmas gifts that I don't want to spoil, and blogging over at Kids in Cowtown, I have been pretty busy!!

I have been working here and there on my own sweater, and I thought I'd share some In Progress photos with you all.  A few minutes ago, I bound off the bottom of the body.  Here's what she looks like right now...

I used the suggested garter edging.  I was going to do a rib, but I thought the garter edge gave  it a look that you don't see too often on sweaters.  Plus, it will be much easier to keep my sleeve edging ladder-free!!!


This shows the raglan sleeves.  All I have left now if to knit the sleeves and pick up the stitches for the neckline.  Both will have garter edging too.

So, as you can see, I haven't been slacking.  I'm hoping that the sleeves will be "big" enough for me to do them on circulars.  If I can pull that off, then I may have a new sweater to wear in time for Christmas.  If I have to use dpns the whole way, we might be looking at New Years instead!  Either way, this is my first long-sleeved adult sweater, and I am super proud of it!!!

Cheers!
Sharon

No comments: