7.27.2011

Fresh from the Oven: Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies

Hello All-

So, I was bumming around on Pinterest again (big surprise!!) and I found another recipe that I want to share with all of you.  It is for Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies.  With the house still on the market and me needing to keep the kitchen tidy for last minute showings, I am really learning to love some of the "cheater" recipes that I have been finding online.  This one only uses four ingredients and is super quick. 

The four ingredients needed are: A box of lemon cake mix ($1.00 at SuperStore), 1 egg, 8-oz of Cool Whip (SuperStore had an in-store $1.00 off coupon this week) and a bit of powdered sugar to roll the cookies in.  So easy!!! 

Here's a link to the original recipe...click here.  It suggests baking for 10 to 12 minutes.  I found 11 and a half to be perfect.  I also covered the cookies in too much sugar for the first batch, so for the others, I would roll the ball in the sugar and then tap off the excess in my mini hand strainer.  It worked perfectly.  For the ones that had too much sugar, a slotted spoon after they had baked worked to bang off some of the excess. 

Friends of ours are huge lemon fans, and they loved these cookies!!  I was thinking that if you wanted a bit more lemon flavor, you could sandwich some lemon curd between two cookies, or for a meringue taste, you could add some cream between two cookies.  As for me, I like them as is. 

These would be great cookies for a last minute party, school snack, or bake sale.  They cost next to nothing to make, and they are fast.  One box of cake mix made approx. 3 dozen cookies.

Happy Baking!!

Cheers!
Sharon

No comments: