5.08.2009

Calling all Crafters!!!!

(I will be posting this entry on both of my blogs, so my apologies to those who read them both)


As many of you may already know, I "work" with a group of amazing ladies (and one of their sons) to create baby blankets for the Western Canadian Oddball Blanket Society. Things are taking off for the group right now...we have 38+ members in Alberta and BC, we are gearing up for an online auction (more info on that to come), and we are starting the process to become an incorporated society. I am so proud of everyone who participates, and I have met some AMAZING people because of this group.


Anyways, we are partnering up with Heritage Park, to create some blankets made of donated squares. The squares must be 12-inch, and can be either knit or crocheted. They can be in any pattern, needle size, etc...we just ask that they are made of a machine washable and dryable yarn. This is a perfect project to help clean out your acrylic yarn stashes!!!!


If you are interested in making one, two or ten squares (wishful thinking, I know!), please let me know. If you don't already have my address, I will email it to you and you can send the squares to me. Also, if you don't have time to make squares, but would like to donate some leftover yarn, I'd be happy to take it off your hands!!! Again, just email me for my address. If you have any questions, please let me know.


Most of our blankets go to the Foothills Regional Hospital NICU here in Calgary...we are hoping to use these patchwork blankets for those local children who have to travel to another hospital to receive treatment...for example, Hannah will need to travel to Edmonton for her final heart operation, as the Alberta Children's Hospital here in Calgary does not do pediatric cardiology procedures.


Finally, we are having an online auction to raise funds for our incorporation. I must say that some of the items that are up for bid are...well, AMAZING!!!!
Here is the item that I made and donated...

The best part of the auction is that it will all be done online, so you don't have to live locally to participate!!! Mark your calendars for June 15-19, and I'll post more details as they become available.

Thanks for all of your support!!!

Now get crafting!!!!!

Have a great weekend and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

Love,

Sharon

No comments: