8.21.2009

I Told You There Would Be More

Happy Friday!!!
So, as promised in my last post, I have a few more projects to talk about...
First up...Just Beachy. Though not my favorite blanket to work on (I love everyone else's sections, I'm just not super pleased with mine), it is special to me, since it was my 5th blanket with the WCOBBS!!! I originally was supposed to use a puffed rib pattern, but it just wasn't working, so I went with my old standby...the Moss Stitch. This time I jazzed it up a bit and did a Double Moss Stitch!!! I know, I know, I'm a rebel!!!
Each section of this blanket represents some part of the beach...the green is for seaweed, the dark blue is for the ocean, the lighter blue is for the sky, my white section is for the clouds, and there will be two brown sections added...one to represent driftwood and one for the sand.

I have also started on Hannah's sweater. I changed what pattern I was using several times, and I finally settled on a basic cardigan pattern from Lion Brand. So far I am 3/4 of the way done the back, and it is going right along. It is a basic stockinette sweater with seed stitch borders...nothing fancy, but perfect for Hannah. She should get a lot of wear out of this!! The yarn I am using is Bernat Chunky in the Summerset colorway. I love it!!! I'll be sure to post some in progress photos as I get further along.
Other than that, I am planning on making some winter items for the Inn from the Cold shelter in Calgary. I have some leftover yarn from other projects that will make nice hats and mittens for those who need them. I've never made mittens before, and I have limited hat experience, so this will be a learning experience for me!!
One final project that is being worked on is...me!!! Last weekend I FINALLY went to the eye doctor and got myself a new pair of glasses. It's not that my vision is bad, but I have an astigmatism in each eye, and glasses do help to correct them. Along with glasses, I am getting my hair chopped tonight. I would say cut instead of chopped, but when you are getting 12+ inches taken off, chopped seems to be a more appropriate term. I plan on donating my hair to Locks of Love for the second time, and though I am nervous about getting a new look, I am happy to help others...and I need a change!!! I'll be sure to post Before and After photos as soon as I can!!
Have a great weekend!!!
Love,
Sharon

No comments: