Next up...Hannah's Miffy. Hannah and I were browsing through patterns on Ravelry, and we stumbled upon one for a Miffy doll. She really liked it, and asked me to make her one. So, off to Michaels we went to buy some white and blue yarn. I am not 100% happy with how it is going so far. The increases say to be M1, but I think if I had kfb, I'd be in better shape. The M1s are leaving little holes, and I'm not thrilled about them. I'm not going to frog what I have done, but I will make a note on the pattern for the next time I make this one...since I am sure that Hannah will request another. I also plan to make the dress with snaps, so I can make several different colored ones.
Here is my first finished Christmas gift. Olivia collects American Girl dolls, so I thought I'd make her some clothes for them. I started off with a basic cape. I still need to find a clasp for the front, since I don't care for the I-cord look as much.
Here it is...modeled by my Kirsten doll.
It is just basic stockinette with simple increases...then you pick up stitches around the neck for the hood.
My only real mod to this pattern is that I didn't do a 3-needle bind-off on the hood. Instead I seamed it up. I really don't mind seaming, so I was happy when the directions said you could do either!!!
So, that's what I have been up to. I have lots more AG clothes to make, a scarf/hat set for one of my nephews, and who knows what else. I'll keep you posted as I move through my "To Do" list!!