11.08.2009

BeeBee the Turkey

Happy Monday Everyone!!
This past weekend, I stayed busy making Hannah a new fall toy. Susan Anderson had an awesome Knitalong (KAL) on the Spud and Chloe blog, and I had to take part!!! For those of you who have never done a KAL, here's how it works. You get pieces of the pattern and you knit as they are given to you. In this case, it was a mystery KAL, so when you cast on, you didn't know what you were making. As the pieces of the pattern are released, you slowly figure out what the finished item was. I love Susan's patterns, so I was looking forward to the surprise!!! I started a day or two late, so I had an idea of what the finished toy would be, but it was still so much fun.
So, I introduce to you...
BeeBee the Turkey!!!
(Named by Miss Hannah)






While making BeeBee, I realized that I am much better at making toy pieces than putting them together. Don't get me wrong, I can hold my own when it comes to seaming, but for some reason, my placement is never spot on. Oh well...I think that is one of those skills that comes with practice!!! I love making toys, and I can't wait to do some more.
Well, I'm off to work on some more Christmas gifts. I have one of Liv's Legwarmers done, and I need to cast on for #2. I also have a scarf to work on, some more AG clothes...ahhh...the list never ends!!!
Cheers!
Sharon

No comments: