3.13.2010

A Flashback and Update

Back in 2008, I posted about my new IKEA greenhouse and the violets and spider plant I put inside. Well, I thought I’d give you all an update on how these same items are doing.

To the left, you'll see the photo of what everything looked like back in 2008.  The pots were super tiny, and all three plants fit nicely inside the small greenhouse. 

Well, I am happy to say that the plants all look great! I was going to post new photos of them all, but I am honestly too lazy to take new photos. So, in this photo of my little bear, you’ll see the spider plant now. It is HUGE! The photo only shows one side of it…the other side drapes down a good two feet below the table it is on!! You can also see a bit one of violets...both are really big and have been transplanted several times.  I think the next time I do it, I'll have to split each plant.  They are getting so over-crowded, and I can't keep up with them!

As for the greenhouse…well…it isn’t doing so well. I used it outside for some seedlings last spring, and it got pretty destroyed. The unfinished wood let the rain water into the joints, and it fell apart. It can be fixed, so I saved the pieces and it is currently occupying space on my workbench in the basement.


So here’s my dilemma…what should I do with it? I have seen a few non-plant related transformations, but I still need more ideas. Here is one cool idea…a miniature scene. It is cute and super creative, but not my cup of tea. I suppose I should just paint it and glue it back together, but I’d love to hear if any of you have suggestions.

Hit me with your ideas!! I can’t wait to hear them!!


Cheers!
Sharon

No comments: