4.12.2010

Calgary Stampede, Here We Come!!!

As I mentioned in my last post, I just finished up my section of the latest WCOBBS blanket. This one is based on the Calgary Stampede, and is appropriately being done in red and white. Typically, the blankets our organization makes are all donated to the Foothills Regional Hospital here in Calgary for their NICU babies. This one however, is being donated to the Calgary Stampede’s Western Showcase, for their Charity Section. The charity selected by the folks at the Stampede for this year is the Rowan House Emergency Shelter for at risk women and their families. We are hoping that by entering a blanket, we will gain some recognition for our group, and possibly recruit a few new members!!!


I did my section in red garter stitch. I wanted to show potential new members that you don’t have to be an expert knitter to get involved in a group like ours. As long as you can do a basic knit stitch, we have a spot for you!!! We also add crochet borders to almost all of our blankets, so folks who crochet are always welcome too!!!

If you haven't already, please check out our blog.  If you are a knitter or do crochet and want to get involved, please let me know!!!  We are also always looking for yarn and needle donations, so if you have a stash that needs some editing, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand in finding a new home for some yarn!!

Cheers!
Sharon

No comments: