6.10.2010

Some of the stuff I've been up to...

Hey everyone!!

I am so sorry that I haven't been posting.  We're still trying to get back into a routine with the Diva.  It seems like we are always running to follow-up appointments and bloodwork!!  I promise to post more about these items, but I wanted to show you all a few of the finished items I have been working on.
I showed you all the Purple Princess Sweater a bit ago, but here it is with the ribbon in it.  This one was shipped off to a good friend in PA...it will be a while before Susan's Little Lady will wear it (she hasn't been born yet!!), but I know she will look adorable!!

 This was one of my favorite knits to date...super simple, but a beautiful finished product.  I'm really proud of this one!!!


While in the hospital with the Diva, I wanted to make something special for her.  So, before we headed to Edmonton, we took a ride to Michaels.  The Diva picked out the pink and purple, and I suggested the white yarn.  So, as she was having her third open heart surgery, I cast on this blanket.  Three colors for the three surgeries.  I finished it this past weekend, and as you can see by the second photo, she is a fan!!!


I also started a scarf while we were in Edmonton, using some beautiful yarn a wonderful friend gave me.  I have enough of it done to wear it, but I am going to keep going until the skein is all gone.  It should be done shortly, so photos to come on that one.

Finally, I decided two days ago to start another baby sweater.  I was having a terrible time trying to make gauge, and it shows.  I was aiming for a 6 month size, and it is closer to 18-24 months.  No worries.  I always have little ones to make stuff for!!

I had been wanting to use this pattern for a while, and I loved it so much, I am going to retry making it in a smaller size.  I plan to make a few modifications to it though.  As suggested by other knitters, I am going to add a garter border to the front sides, and instead of doing a picot edge, I am going to do extra rows of garter stitch.  I think that will balance out the other edging, and prevent curling. 

Here are photos of take one...



So, that's what I've been up to...when I'm not carting the Diva to appointments, playing pharmacist, and trying to get back into the groove of things.

Stay tuned for a photo update on the garden...once the rain decides to stop!!

Cheers!
Sharon

No comments: