2.18.2011

A Dress Fit for a Princess

Hello All-

With some warmer temps here in the city, my hands have been allowing me to get some knitting done.  Hannah noticed a cabled dress pattern in the Holiday 2010 issue of Knit Simple.  She mentioned it a few times to me, so I decided to take the plunge and try not only my first dress, but a large amount of cabling. 

Hannah selected the yarn, Full o' Sheep, which is part of the Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller line of Red Heart yarns.  She decided that she needed this bright Aquamarine color so she could look like Cinderella.  As you can see from the photo below, the color isn`t too far off.

The dress came out great!!!  It took just over 2 skeins to make, and 5 days to finish.  It is a bit long on her now, but I`m fine with that.  This style will be cute as a dress now and a tunic later in the Fall.  With Hannah heading off to pre-school in September, we`re going to need to stock up on school clothes.
I must say that Hannah has got a good eye for patterns and colors.  She has been selecting her own patterns lately, and has been doing a great job!!  My next project for her is another maxi-top in a grape color.  After wearing the Garnet colored one a few times, she asked me to make one in purple...I have to agree, I think it will look great on her!!


Cheers!
Sharon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job!!!! Your knitting skills are coming along at break neck speed! It looks great on her!!!(Evilknittingtwin)

Daddysgirl said...

Too cute!