4.18.2011

Another Sweater for the Diva- The Purple Preschooler

Hello All-

I wanted to share another knitting project that I just finished last night.  I made Hannah another t-shirt style sweater.  This one is a bit bigger than the last one I made, as I was hoping that it would be big enough to last through the fall.  After seeing Hannah wear it today, I'm not so sure that she will make it to the summer in it!!  Thankfully this pattern only takes me a few days to whip up, so I'm not too worried. 

First, a bit of background with this sweater...Hannah loved her Garnet colored one, but she begged me for one in purple.  Okay, I can handle that.  I got sidetracked and knowing that I planned on her wearing it this fall, I did a few other projects before casting on for this one. 

Then fast forward to last week...Hannah had a heart procedure and we had to go to Edmonton for the week.  In our family, we have a few traditions when Hannah has hospital stays...hubby goes and gives blood and I sit and knit something for Hannah.  So, out came my purple yarn and needles. 

This sweater was made using the Maxi Top / Dress pattern on Ravelry.  I made it according to the Size 4-5T directions.  I used Berroco Ultra Alpaca in the 6221 colorway.  It is a beautiful grape color.  It took me a skein and a half or so to make, and 5 days.  Finally, my only mods are that I skipped the increases in the body, as I wanted this to be shirt style, and I knit 6 inches past the second stripe before doing my bottom trim.  Other than that, I followed the pattern.

Hannah wanted to model it for a bit, so here are some of my favorite shots...


Have a great week and stay tuned for posts about gardening, cooking, and a few other knitting projects!!

Cheers!
Sharon

1 comment:

Cyndi in BC said...

so cute Sharon! I'll have to keep that pattern in mind for the little granddaughters. :)