4.11.2011

Garden Birthday Party...DIY Style

Hello All!

This past weekend we had my daughter's 4th birthday party.  Since the entire thing was DIY, I thought I'd share some photos and ideas with you all.

 We did an afternoon party, so I told everyone that we would have appetizers and cupcakes.  The cupcakes were Hannah's decision...she wanted everyone to have the flavor they liked best. 

One fun thing we did was a cupcake tasting!  The shop we bought ours at has mini versions of all of their cupcakes...so we bought a bunch to see what flavors we liked best.  It was a great activity for the three of us, and Hannah loved being such a big part of the planning.
 For the appetizers, I picked just one hot item, as I didn't want to be stuck in the kitchen the whole time.  So, the hot dish I picked was a baked crab rangoon.  They were super yummy!! 

We also had hummus on English cucumber slices, caprese salad on a stick, and our standby chips and salsa.

I saw online some fun ways to do a veggie platter, so Hannah and I made this fruit/veggie/cheese flower.  It fit the theme perfectly and was a great centerpiece for the food table.

For drinks we went with some summer favorites...fresh brewed iced tea, strawberry lemonade, regular lemonade, and iced coffee.  All made from scratch...well, except for the coffee!!

I'll be doing another post about the favors we made, but here is a photo of some of the adult ones.  We gave out flower pots with bags of dirt, seeds, and pretty markers.

For the kids, we did larger baskets with crowns and fun foam shapes to decorate them, seeds, color your own flower pots, silly bands, and a bunch of other goodies.

With a bit of creativity, it is actually quite simple to create a beautiful party.  I was able to use a lot of things I already had, and for the things I had to buy, IKEA and the Dollar Store had everything I needed. 

Stay tuned this week and next for details about some of the things we did to make this party personalized. 

(BTW...I will be away for a few days while my daughter has a procedure done on her heart...I'll be back to posting as quickly as I can!!)

Have a great week!!!
Sharon

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Great post and great blog Sharon!

Kelly Miller said...

Everything looks great!

Sharon G said...

Thanks Ladies!! It was a blast to put together!!