6.26.2011

Plum Pudding

Hello All-

Despite my lack of knitting posts, I have been clicking away a lot lately.  The problem is that much of what I have been making is for my big brother and my sister in law's new arrival who is due in September.  I am so happy with what I have been making, but I can't reveal any of it until after the gifts have been given.

However, I did whip up a little cardi for Hannah with some beautiful yarn I bought at our new LYS, The Loop.  I went with a few of my knitting buddies back in May to the opening, and I picked up some goodies while I was there.  Along with the purple yarn for Hannah, I also bought myself some Cascade Wool...I haven't decided what I'll be making with that just yet.

So here's what I made for Hannah.  We named it Plum Pudding since we were watching Strawberry Shortcake when I was adding the buttons. 

Here are the details:

Pattern: Neck Down Cardi
Yarn: Punta Yarns Merisoft Hand Painted Aran in HP64 colorway
Size made: I made a size 6 to compensate for my thinner yarn.  It fits my size 4/5 diva perfectly!

The best part about this pattern is that is is so quick and simple.  It took me 3 days of knitting.  The only mod I made is that I didn't do the sleeves in the round.  I knit them flat (there are only 4 rows) and then picked up the stitches to seam them up afterwards. 

I was happy to find a basic looking pattern to showcase this busy yarn.  Hannah loves it, and I can't wait for her to wear it this fall.  It is so soft and squishy!!!

Happy Knitting!
Sharon

No comments: