1.12.2012

The Sweet Smell of Citrus

Hello All-

I recently made Indian food for dinner, and though it tasted unbelievable, it left the house smelling pretty strong of ginger and onions.  That was fine the night we ate it, but waking up to that smell the next morning was less than ideal. 

All of the candles I had handy were a bit too Christmasy, so I decided to try something new.  I thinly sliced up an orange and added it to a pot of water.  To it, I added cinnamon sticks, cloves, and a splash of vanilla.  I wanted to add some cranberries, but all I had were Craisins...not to worry, they plumped right up. 

I brought the pot to a boil and then let it simmer for a while.  Oh my goodness, it made the house smell heavenly!!! 

Tonight I'm making some Asian soup, so I plan on keeping my "citrus brew" and simmering it again after tonight's meal.

Next time I might try some apple slices and this summer, lemon, and maybe some mint leaves, will be perfect!!

Cheers!
Sharon

No comments: