1.11.2012

Getting My Feet Wet

Hello All-

Well, I managed to dig out my sewing machine this week.  It's funny, sewing both excites me and scares the crap out of me!  I don't know why, but I get so nervous to begin any sewing project.  I tried to jump right in and make some gift bags for the ornaments Hannah picked out for her teachers. 

I must say, I wasn't very "technical" when I made these bags.  I measured by eye, didn't iron the fabric and I can't even say that my lines were straight.  Despite this, Hannah's teachers told her that they were impressed...woohoo!!!

So, here they are...three bags for three amazing teachers!!

Next time, I will double my edges over to prevent fraying, and I will likely add a drawstring.  I was running short on time, so I simply made bags and tied them with ribbon. 

I hope to make more of these in the future.  They are just as quick as going to the basement for a paper gift bag, and if made correctly, they can be reused over and over again.  Plus, it shows that the gift giver took a few extra minutes to make something special for the recipient. 

So, now that I have my sewing feet wet, what should I tackle next?

Stay tuned to see what I have up my sleeve...or should I say, pant leg?

Cheers!
Sharon

No comments: