2.04.2012

Polish Prince

Hey Everyone!!

So, I know that I am supposed to be on a knitting hiatus, but how can I be when a good friend is due to have a little one next week?!?  I waited as long as I could before I started anything so my hands could rest, but when the expecting Mommy told me two days ago that she was starting to feel like Baby M would be here soon, I could wait no longer. 

I named this project "Polish Prince" since my friend and her family are from Poland.  Her daughter is one of Hannah's best friends at school, and needless to say, she's a little princess.  So, why shouldn't her soon-to-be baby brother be a prince??

I used my fall-back pattern of the 5-Hour baby Sweater (Boy Version) and one skein of Vanna's Choice yarn.  I just three short days (probably added up to about 5 hours of actual knitting time), I had a sweater made.  Not too bad! 

I think it came out great!  I used two snaps at the top to hold it closed, and I sewed on a large button for looks.  This pattern doesn't work in button holes, etc so I tend to use snaps when I make it.  However, I do like the look of something on the front, so I added the button.

Besides being a fast knit, I love the construction of this sweater.  I am not a huge fan of dpns, so the fact that the sleeves are knit flat and seamed is awesome!! I honestly don't know if my hands could do dpns right now.  I also love the classic look of it.  It could be dressed up or down and it should fit great over a onesie or a thicker shirt.  Options are always welcomed by new moms!!

I am so glad that I sucked it up and made this this week since my friend doesn't know if she'll make it through the weekend without going into labor!  She's already 3 cms dilated, so fingers crossed that Baby M arrives soon!!

Happy Knitting!
Sharon



No comments: