11.18.2009

Hannah's Holiday Hat

Happy Wednesday!!!

Well, another project is done!! This one is for Hannah. I saw this pattern on Ravelry a while back, and I loved it. Too bad I couldn't find the book that it is in at my local Chapters/Indigo. So, how excited was I when the designer, Hadley Fierlinger, posted a free version for a larger hat on her blog!!! (and can I just say that her model is UBER-cute?!?!)




Since I wanted this hat to go with one of Hannah's Christmas dresses, I had to make some mods on the free pattern. I really wish I could have ordered her book and made the original in Hannah's size, but I really don't think I'd have enough time to get it done before Christmas.


So, I went down a needle size and that did the trick! It fits Hannah perfectly!! I used some Patons Classic Wool that I had in my stash, and it took less than a ball to make. The pattern calls for an I-cord cord to go through the eyelets, but I think I am gong to hunt down some velvet ribbon to make it more dressy.



All in all, this project took me three days of on and off knitting. It was super easy and super fast...or in other words, my perfect project!!! I have a feeling that I may be making a few more of these in the future!!!


Hannah refused to model it for me, so I had to "borrow" Corduroy to do the deed. He doesn't talk back, so he's the perfect model for me!!


Hopefully the Diva will come back to Earth and let me take some photos of her wearing it...if not, I'll try to snag a few at Christmas (when she isn't looking!!!)


If you're looking for a fun Christmas gift for a little girl, I highly recommend this pattern. Oh, and one more thing, it is worked up flat and seamed, so you don't have to wrestle with dpns!!!


Happy Knitting Everyone!!!


Cheers!
Sharon

No comments: