7.04.2011

Fresh from the Oven: Ice Cream Bread 2.0

Hello All-
I hope you are all having a wonderful 4th of July!  One benefit of being an American living in Canada is that we get to celebrate two major country holidays back to back.  That also means double the yummy summer goodies!!!  If you find yourself getting invited to a last minute holiday BBQ, I highly suggest making up a loaf of Ice Cream bread!  I know I recently blogged about this awesome recipe, but we made a batch recently that was screaming for it's own blog post!!

As soon as I tasted the first batch of bread, I knew I wanted to try a chocolate version.  So, off to the store we went to get some super chocolate ice cream.  We settled on one called, Forbidden Chocolate Whirl. 



It came out AWESOME!!!  We used the bread as a base for a yummy Strawberry Shortcake with homemade whipped cream.  Let me tell you, on a hot summer night, it doesn't get much better than this!! 



Hannah was a big fan of the bread...much more so than the Maple Walnut version.  She liked that the chocolate bread didn't have nuts. 

So, if you need a dessert in a jiffy, give this one a try.  I know I'll be making a lot more batches in the future. 

Cheers!
Sharon

1 comment:

Prairie Girl said...

That looks seriously yummy!!!