3.20.2012

Sewing into Spring

Hey Everyone!!

Thanks for sticking with me through my little break.  We did indeed have to put Ella down, and life around here will never be the same.  We're getting on, but it is still much quieter and lonelier without my pretty lady.

Anyways, moving on to happier things, I've been sewing again.  Hannah loves skirts and I wanted to try making her some.  So, last night we went through my fabric stash and she picked out some purple retro fabric that I had leftover from her photo book.  Though the pattern is crazy busy, my little fashionista loved it and thought it would be just perfect for a new skirt. 

The pattern I used was from MADE, and you can find the tutorial here.  I've had the link pinned for ages on my "I Sew Can Make That" board, and I figured it was time to add it to the done pile.  It was super easy, and the directions were very detailed and easy to follow.  I found that my measurements were a touch off, since it sits a bit low on Hannah's hips, but I have a few ideas on how I can tighten things up a bit. 

If you're looking for a super quick project (mine took less than 45 minutes) to make for your little one, I highly suggest giving this skirt a go.  The tutorial also explains how to do a tiered skirt, and how to customize yours with lace, etc.  I see many more of these skirts in Hannah's future!!

Enjoy!!

Happy Sewing!
Sharon

No comments: