9.21.2009

Baby Goodies!!!


Meet Baxter...he's a friend of Burke Bunny. Baxter was my second go-around with the Susan Anderson Rabbit pattern. I made him as part of a baby shower gift for my friend Cara. I am so excited that her shower was this past weekend, since I have been chomping at the bit to post these photos...both on here and on Ravelry!!!

Hannah is as in love, if not more, with these bunnies as I am, so she has requested a purple one. I have the yarn already, but I think I am going to take a bit of a crafting break for a little while...keep reading and you'll see why!!






Also included in Cara's gift basket
was this little guy. I've named him Little Boy Blue, and he was created using the Presto Chango pattern.
I modified the pattern a bit, since the original had a lace pattern worked into the front panel. I thought it looked a bit to girly, so I stuck with a simple stockinette stitch one instead. I also added a little bear button to dress it up a bit.




This pattern is really cool because you can make multiple front panels for the same sweater. The entire thing unbuttons for easy clean-ups and changes. Pretty cool, huh?? Another bonus is that the entire thing (minus the panel) is made of one piece, so aside from some seaming (which I really don't mind doing), it takes no time at all to work up.
To go along with the sweater, I made a hat and a pair of booties. I am really happy with how everything turned out!!! Now I have to sit back and keep my fingers crossed that everything fits!!!

I wanted to dress up the gift tag a bit, so I personalized it and added some extra buttons and yarn. You never know when one might pop off!!!

So, I know that this is more of a knitting blog, but I made some sewn items for the basket and I didn't want to leave them out. I created this little tag-quilt out of some dog fabric I've had sitting around for a bit.

My finish work is far from professional, but I don't think it looks too bad!!!

And to match the mini-quilt, I made these three blocks. One has crinkle paper inside, one has bells, and the other makes a rattle noise. They were super easy to make and lots of fun!!!

Here's an artsy-fartsy photo of the finished basket!!

Last, but not least, here's the basket I made up from Hannah. None of it was handmade, but I thought it looked cute, so I wanted to include it.

So, that's it. Cara is really into handmade/recycled items, so I was pretty thrilled that my entire gift was handmade.

I was about to say that I am off to relax while Hannah is napping, but I realized that I have a knitting group on Wednesday and I have nothing on the needles...dang! I almost got away with having a craft-break. Oh well!!!

Have a great week everyone!!!

Cheers!
Sharon

2 comments:

Cara said...

You're so talented - we're just so blessed to have your works of art waiting for our little one!

Sharon G said...

Thanks Cara!!! Now we just need the little guy to make his big arrival!!!