1.20.2010

Beautiful Fiber, a Blanket, & a Baby Bear

Hey Everyone!!

So, I have been “attempting” to spin with my new wheel. I’m not quite ready to show the results to everyone (I need to adjust a few things first), but I wanted to show you what I have been spinning. My friend Tamara, the one who came with me to buy my wheel, gave me this beautiful fiber. The colors are so pretty, I feel bad for using it!



When I first decided that I was going to buy a wheel, my friend Cara bought this beautiful stuff for me…



It is much tighter than the other fiber, so I am going to hold off spinning it until I get better. Right now I am just enjoying petting it!!!

In knitting news, I have just finished up my 8th WCOBBS stripe! I wasn’t planning on doing any blankets for a while, but when a fellow knitter had to bow out, I couldn’t resist. So, with that said, Pooh Bear and Friends made their way back to my house! It is actually kind of cool since I started Pooh several months ago. It is always nice to see the finished product in person!!



I was supposed to do a stripe that represented Pooh bear himself. I chose a mock honeycomb stitch. It was super easy once I got the hang of it. I think it looks really nice too. I’m quite proud of this stripe!!


I have also been working on a stuffed bear. I started it a little while ago, and took a time out with it for the blanket. Here is an “In Progress” photo.
I worked on her a bit last night and got a leg done…I think I’ll work on the other one at Knit Night tonight. I love the way the yarn is self-striping…it looks really cool!! The pattern is Baby Bear from the Susan B. Anderson book, Itty-Bitty Toys. It is actually coming out quite large…and I am so happy with it!!! Hopefully I’ll get it done soon…photos to come!!!

I hope you are all having a wonderful start to 2010, and I look forward to posting lots of knitting and spinning projects this year!!!

Cheers!
Sharon

1 comment:

Yarn Prawn said...

Hi Sharon! Thanks for following my blog... and CONGRATS on your beautiful new wheel and fiber! You're going to have so much fun, be patient with it and appreciate whatever you make. When I took my beginning spinning class, I couldn't even get the wheel to go around in the same direction - so you're already ahead of me. :)