10.03.2011

Fresh from the Oven: Pink Lemonade Confetti Cupcakes

Hello All-

The Diva and I have been baking again!!  This time we decided to make Pink Lemonade Confetti Cupcakes!!  Hannah and I were in the mood to bake, and after scouring Pinterest for something that looked yummy, she pointed out these pink treats.  How could I say no?

This recipe is super easy and I love that I can keep all of the ingredients in the pantry.  Hannah loved mixing the lemonade crystals and the water, as well as adding a layer of sprinkles to the top of each cupcake before they baked.  I loved that the recipe called for unsweetened applesauce and there was no super sugary frosting on top!!

These cupcakes lived up to their tangy description.  It really tastes like you're having a tall glass of lemonade when you bite into one.  I wasn't sure if Hannah would be upset that they were frosting free, but with the layer of sprinkles on top, she was satisfied.

I can definitely see us making these again in the future.  I think they would be a great addition to a birthday party or princess tea party as well.  I mean, what little princesses don't like eating pink food??  Mine was a fan!!

Happy Baking!
Sharon

No comments: