10.18.2011

Fresh from the Oven: Thanksgiving!

Hello All-

I'm in the process of writing some new food posts (since I have been cooking/baking up a storm lately).  In the meantime, I thought I would share the menu we used at Canadian Thanksgiving this past weekend.  All in all, I think the food was quite successful.  Since many of my readers will be celebrating US Thanksgiving next month, I thought I'd throw out some food ideas.  Stay tuned in the next week or so for more elaborate posts regarding some of the items we made.

The guests we had for Thanksgiving stayed with us two nights, so on top of dinner, I also had to think of breakfasts.  We went out for lunch both days, so that helped. 

Thanksgiving Dinner

Appetizers
Wild Mushroom Pate on Pita Chip Crackers
Manila Clams steamed in beer

Dinner
Lobsters (for the boys and Hannah)
Steaks (for the ladies)
Grilled Asparagus
Corn

Dessert
Baked Apples and Vanilla Ice Cream

Sunday

Breakfast

Lunch
Dim Sum at Cha for Tea Palace

Dinner
Lobster Rolls (for the boys)
Steak Subs with leftover steak, onions, and garlic mayo (for the girls)

Dessert

Monday

Breakfast

Lunch


So there you have it.  A bit unusual for a holiday weekend menu, but since none of us are big fans of turkey, we decided to go with something different.  The biggest hits of the weekend were probably the blueberry cake, the onions, and of course those who had the seafood were quite please with it too.

Have a great rest of the week!!!

Happy Cooking!!
Sharon

No comments: