4.03.2011

Hannah's Birthday Bolero

Hello All-

For Hannah's 2nd Birthday, I knit her a sweater (well, she got it that fall since sweater #1 didn't fit over her head)...then another one for her 3rd Birthday...and I had to keep in step by making her one for her 4th Birthday as well. 

Since I had already made her a dress and t-shirt recently, I didn't want to go too crazy.  After she picked out her party dress at H&M, I knew exactly what I needed to make...a shrug!! 

I used the pattern, Ribbed Lace Bolero.  What I liked the best about the pattern is that you can customize it based on your own measurements.  It is originally an adult sized pattern, but with a few mods, I was able to make it work for an almost 4 year old!! 

It took me about half a skein of Cotton-Ease in the Almond colorway.  I wanted a nice neutral color so Hannah could wear it all summer with other dresses and tops. 

I'll be honest, I had to frog this once during the lace part.  I misread the pattern and was adding in a yarn over to each purl row.  After I reread the directions (since my version looked nothing like the photo), I couldn't believe what I had done...duh!! 

For my version, I cast on 70 stitches and did about 2-inches of ribbing on each side (approx 12 rows).  The total length is about 9-inches and when I seamed the sleeves, I went in about 3-inches.  Hannah wears between a 3 and 4, and it fits perfectly! 

I don't know about you, but I think she is pleased with the end result...and so am I!!!

Happy Knitting!
Sharon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my she's gorgeous - love how proud she is!

Myrna said...

She.looks.so.adorable! LOVE the dress! LOVE the red shoes! LOVE the bolero!!